Monday, September 8, 2014

Has it been 45 years?

September, 1969 I walked into Mac High (the Public High school in Milton Freewater, OR) as a student physical science teacher. The real science teacher said "The class room is right down there on the right. It's yours. If you need me I will be in my office". I didn't see him again until the end of the term.
Today, September 8, 2014 , forty-five years and thousands of students after entering that "room right down there on the right", I walked out of Nichol Hall on the campus of Loma Linda University after meeting with my last student and turning in my last grades. What a trip!
A huge thank-you to those who taught and mentored me. Thanks to those who took a big chance and hired me.
Thousands of thank-you's  to the students around the world who were brave enough to take my classes. I hope, in some small way, it was a positive experience.  I beg your forgiveness for the times in which I may have appeared impatient. I did really want you to appreciate at least a little of that physics, chemistry and statistics.
And a huge thank you to my perfect dream, Eileen and  two wonderful daughters, Lucyndi and Sharlane, who lived with me through all that.

With much love and so many invaluable memories,

Floyd, Mister Floyd, Professor Floyd, Mr. Petersen, Professor Petersen

Now to begin the next trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment